Interested in Volunteering with the Garfield County Jail?
Partnerships in this program are important to us and we desire to develop long-term relationships for the benefit of the community. We appreciate your desire to serve!
All persons applying to the Inmate Volunteer Programs with the Garfield County Detention Facility must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid government issued ID (i.e. Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado ID, Military ID, Passport, etc)
- Applicant must submit a completed application form.
- Must submit to a criminal background check.
- Complete training on facility rules, expectations, and safety protocols.
- Applicant must sign a Release of Liability Form.
- Applicant must not have any sex offense convictions.
- Applicant may not be on Probation or Parole. Any new or pending charges will need a final ruling from the court
prior to any active volunteering.
- Applicant should have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicant must be willing to commit to their preferred program.
- Must follow all rules for safety and security as explained in the volunteer training, Inmate Programs Volunteer Manual,
and any subsequent communication in regards to safety and security.
To get the process started please print and complete the Inmate Programs Volunteer Application.
Please complete all sections as thoroughly as possible. We cannot process incomplete applications and your entry into the facility may be delayed as a result.
New applications are always welcome at any time as this is an open and ongoing process. Once your application is received it will be screened and you will be notified of the next step in the process of becoming an Inmate Programs Volunteer for the Garfield County Detention Facility.
If you have any questions or if you need any assistance in completing this application, please contact our Inmate Programs Volunteer Coordinator, Charlie Pearce. She can be reached at: (970) 945-1377 extension 1011 or e-mail her at [email protected].