Inmate Accounts
green bar

inmate accounts

The Garfield County Jail has a self-serve kiosk which can be used to add money to an inmate's account. It looks similar to an ATM machine.

The kiosk can be reached from the north side of the Sheriff's Office (parking lot side) through a door marked Reception & Waiting Room. This door is toward the west end (toward the river) of the building.

  1. The kiosk can take cash and/or credit cards.
  2. There is a charge for using the kiosk.
  3. There is a $500 per transaction limit when using the kiosk.
  4. Instructions for using the kiosk are on the machine.
  5. You will receive a receipt for your deposit into the inmate's account.
  6. The Sheriff's Office does not own, maintain, or service the kiosk. The service is provided by Government Payment Service, Inc.

In addition to making deposits to an inmate's account through the kiosk, you can add money to an inmate's account through the internet by clicking here, or via telephone by calling (888) 277-2535. To make deposits you will need:

1. Your credit or debit card.
2. The inmate's Name, Global Jacket ID Number & Location.
3. The Pay Location Code: 5500

There is a charge for these services and a limit of 2 - $100 transactions within a 5 day period. If you need to deposit more than $200 within the 5 day period, you may call the Sheriff's Office during normal business hours at (970) 945-0453 to make a payment via telephone.